Our thoughts are with everybody in these crazy times! With the Government’s new restrictions we can appreciate the stress, anxiety and personal pressure this is placing on ALL OF US. It is crucial at times like this we look after each other, and especially keep ourselves healthy physically, mentally and emotionally. We wanted to keep you up to date with everything we know, and hopefully answer some of your questions.
Can I still attend my appointment at Physio Smart?
YES. We are an ‘essential’ service and The Australian Minister for Health has CONFIRMED Physiotherapists can continue working and are encouraged to do so. We are playing a vital role in our health system to not only support the physical wellbeing of our community but also reduce the load on other health care providers such as GPs.
“Face to face services for many remain vital so where possible we encourage you to continue”.
For many of our clients, it is essential we see them in the clinic to help assess and treat for optimal outcomes. We understand you may be concerned or worried about this, and we can assure you we are doing everything we can to ensure we are using the highest standards of safe practice at our clinic.
Can I see a Physio via Video Consultation (Telehealth)?
Yes, you can! We provide video consultations over the computer, iPad/tablet or phone. This is called ‘Telehealth’ and is a growing area of Physiotherapy. Now is an excellent time to utilize these services at Physio Smart, especially if you are wanting/needing to stay at home.
It’s easy, all you need to do is make a time for an appointment, let our staff know that you would like to have a Video/Telehealth consultation. We will send you an email with a meeting link 15 minutes before your appointment, Just follow the link from the email at the time of your appointment to launch the Telehealth consultation.
How could a Video Consultation help me?
We are very aware that often you will require hands-on therapy, however, there are many ways to help your body move better and reduce pain without hands-on therapy. This includes Movement re-programming, guided stretches, self-mobilisation techniques, self-massage and release techniques, core strengthening programs, functional rehabilitation, movement corrective exercises and the ability to educate and provide exact programs and advice on what you can do at home to manage any problems you are dealing with.
What about movement classes?
We are currently putting together programs for online movement classes. Stay tuned, as you will soon be able to access our movement classes online.
Why is it important to stay fit and healthy through this time?
It is our responsibility to reduce impact and stress on our medical system to ensure they can focus on the critical times ahead. Therefore remaining physically healthy is vital, and it is up to us to keep healthy through this incredibly tough time. Staying physically healthy includes keeping your body flexible, strong, and balanced. If you are carrying an injury it is crucial to continue a plan of rehabilitation (recovery) so these problems to not progress or worsen.
How can I make the most of this time?
Look after your own health. Physically, mentally and emotionally. Stay active and keep your body moving. Exercise from home and work on areas of your body that are weak or need improvement.
Stretches, Core strength, Spine rehabilitation, foam rolling, balance and control, Ankle strength, Posture exercises, Neck stretches, Functional movements (squats, lunges, deadlifts). This gives an example of all the things you can do to help your physical health during this time.
When should I avoid coming into the clinic?
The safety of our staff, clients and community is extremely important to us.
Please do not attend if you have:
- Travelled to or have been in close contact with someone who has returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- If you have had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or contact with someone who is currently undergoing testing for COVID-19
- If you have experienced or are currently experiencing a fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- If you have travelled from interstate and are within the self-isolation restrictions for South Australia
What is Physio Smart doing to help keep you safe at the clinic?
We have a specific action plan, to ensure all staff are meeting the highest standards of infection control which includes;
- No staff will attend work of they are sick and we will be checking staff each day for fever with a contactless thermometer.
- Any staff suspect of COVID-19 infection, or who have been in possible contact with another person with COVID-19 will be strictly quarantined for 14 days.
- Hand sanitizer for all patients. Physiotherapists will be thoroughly washing their hands with soap before and after each session.
- Staff will use disposable gloves for all hand-on treatment when appropriate.
- All office and treatment surfaces will be wiped down with alcohol-based disinfectant between each physiotherapy session.
- We are spacing out chairs in the waiting area, and for those people that are more mobile, you can wait in your car for a message to enter for your appointment.
Where to from here?
We are motivated more than ever and are currently working on every way we can help our community move better, stay healthy and achiever their goals (maybe some different goals). If you have any questions at all, or need to chat with one of our staff members, please don’t hesitate to email us firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 8363 0458.
Stay tuned, we will have more soon 🙂